The department of electrical engineering has been playing a vital role in producing scientists and technologists of highest caliber ever since it was established in the year 1961. The department runs three under graduate programmes and 9 post-graduate programmes to cater to the ever challenging needs of technical excellence in all areas of electrical engineering such as Integrated electronics and circuits, Tele-communications, Computer technology, Control & Automation, Power systems & Power electronics .
In addition to the strong undergraduate programs, the department has been playing a pioneering role in producing world class postgraduates and research scholars. The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded from time to time and provide adequate opportunities for students and researchers to learn and innovate. The department has distinguished faculty, all holding Ph.D. degrees from renowned institutes in India and abroad. There are two Fellows of IEEE in the department and many other faculty members are Fellows of several national and international scientific bodies. The faculty of the department has been constantly carrying out research on many cutting edge technologies and regularly publishes in IEEE and other top international journals. The department also undertakes many research projects sponsored by both the government and the industry.
Post Graduate Admissions, Dec 2014:
- MS(R), PhD interview dates: 03 Dec 2014
- Click here to download the shortlisting criteria: M.S.(R), Ph.D.
- All candidates satisfying the shortlisting criteria for Ph.D and M.S.(R) are requested to report to II/236, Departmental office, EE department for document verification, at 8.30 AM on December 3rd 2014 with requisite documents.
- FOR CANDIDATES SATISFYING THE SHORTLISTING CRITERIA: Even if you are not able to access your interview call letter, you are requested to report as above with a proof of your application along with requisite document.
- Accommodation has been arranged for male condidates in Udaigiri hostel, and for women candidiates at Kailash hostel, on sharing basis on payment of Rs. 230/- per day (lodging and boarding).
- Prospective PhD students interested in working in the area of communications, please click here for further information.